free website stats program Foot too small for reaching Break and shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

Foot too small for reaching Break and shifter

upstate2208

I have small feet and also am a amputee missing part of my heel bone (a Lawn mower accident) I got myself a Harley 883 superlow and I need to get my foot 1 inch closer to the break and Shifter. When my foot is on the pegs I am not reaching the controls unless I pick my foot up and balance my heel on the peg to break. And the shifter I am not reaching either only the tip of my boot touches. Very unsafe. What would be my best option?

I have small feet and also am a amputee missing part of my heel bone (a Lawn mower accident) I got myself a Harley 883 superlow and I need to get my foot 1 inch closer to the break and Shifter. When my foot is on the pegs I am not reaching the controls unless I pick my foot up and balance my heel on the peg to break. And the shifter I am not reaching either only the tip of my boot touches. Very unsafe. What would be my best option?
Are these Forward controls on the bike or regular shifting positions(stock or modified?)

I know you can find Longer or shorter shift Linkages' and the Brake arm Might be available in different lengths.. But I don't know where to look ..

signed....BUBBIE

Have you talked to anyone local about shorting up the control levers. you will have to put in a little more effort because of the loss in leverage but it should be a pretty quick adjustment. Your dealer may have a couple of names they can refer you to.

My wife rides the Super Low & she complained about the shifter peg being in to close to the bike compare to the footrest. She said it was hard to reach so I found a Kuryyakin shift extension that she seems to really like. She has said nothing about the brake. She has mid controls.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about something like this: Floorboards You could move your foot to where it would be comfortable. Should get you set up with a quick modification.

I have stock mid controls. We did end up flipping the pegs around right side to left and left to right. Brought my foot up so at least I have a bit of a better grip. Lewy: I do see how the shift extension would be very helpful. Mainal: The floorboard might be another solution which I will have to find a bike with them on so I see how that feels. Saw some mini ones that don't look too bad. Mattman: Thats a good Idea too. Gilder: The seat is good wouldn't help the foot problem. Thank you all for your Ideas!!! I will keep ya posted on my solution!:bigsmiley12:

Back