free website stats program foot pegs | Harley Davidson Forums

foot pegs

Peter M Fallert

I just purchased a low mileage 98 sportster. I love the bike, but it has after market forward mounted cruiser foot pegs, shifter, and brake pedal. I have short legs and can barely reach said items. Does anyone have, or know where I can get OEM complete foot pegs, shifter, and brake pedal. Used, take-off items are preferred.

Which XL do you have, there are 5 different models. Some have center controls, others don't. You may try e-bay or Craigs list for used parts.
tourbox

I just purchased a low mileage 98 sportster. I love the bike, but it has after market forward mounted cruiser foot pegs, shifter, and brake pedal. I have short legs and can barely reach said items. Does anyone have, or know where I can get OEM complete foot pegs, shifter, and brake pedal. Used, take-off items are preferred.

Keep floorboards as an option, they are comfy for legs of ALL lengths.

Check your local dealer for take offs. Many people do not take oem parts home when they get forwards. Also Craigslist, a local bike night, etc. You could probably make a trade and come out with a couple of dollars, or get the install done for free.

Back