free website stats program Fogging gages | Harley Davidson Forums

Fogging gages

Wchway

Not to happy with answer I got from Harley ok not my gages fogging up on my 2015 Low Rider. Speedo gets so bad you can't see it. Was told they aren't sealed units. My 2010 Super Glide and 09 Shorter were ok. They said they would replace them, but it's no fix. Poor design or quality on this one.

You are absolutely correct that it is very frustrating. When my 2008 EG was under warranty purchasing dealer said no to replacing speedo that was fog neighboring dealer agree to replace under warranty. Of course 7 years later its fogged again along with the tach. The 2 other gauges will absorb moisture but dry out clear. Bad design..............

Extended warranty

Drill a small hole in back of gauge, use a blow dryer to dry the gauge face
Other wise get it replaced with ESP if u have it

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still under warrantee, and I have a 5yr esp. It's just a pain that for what it costs, you have to put up with this cheap crap. Going to get them replaced. Dirt gets I n there too. Back side of glass dirty.

It's still under warrantee, and I have a 5yr esp. It's just a pain that for what it costs, you have to put up with this cheap crap. Going to get them replaced. Dirt gets I n there too. Back side of glass dirty.
You should see after 8 years and 30,000 miles. I can only imagine how bad if I really rode like some do.........

But why? Like I stated, my other bikes were fine. They were sealed. Should be considered as a safety issue. Blocks oil warning light, and all. Can't read your speed at times. They've recalled vehicles for less.

But why? Like I stated, my other bikes were fine. They were sealed. Should be considered as a safety issue. Blocks oil warning light, and all. Can't read your speed at times. They've recalled vehicles for less.
Not enough complain to make it a problem for MOCO.

Back