free website stats program Flush mount fuel gage and cap compatibility | Harley Davidson Forums

Flush mount fuel gage and cap compatibility

tukeiam

I have a 1999 Road King Classic and I would like to try to install the 04-07 Road King flush mount fuel gage and cap (P/N 62823-06B). Was wondering if anyone knows of any reason other than wiring modifications that may need to be made (for example the 99 and the 04 have the same 5 gal tanks but different EFI systems). My local dealer would not offer me any help.

tx Tuke

I have a 1999 Road King Classic and I would like to try to install the 04-07 Road King flush mount fuel gage and cap (P/N 62823-06B). Was wondering if anyone knows of any reason other than wiring modifications that may need to be made (for example the 99 and the 04 have the same 5 gal tanks but different EFI systems). My local dealer would not offer me any help.

tx Tuke

Wow - I can't answer your specific question but your last statement really raises my blood pressure. I hate to hear about dealers that only want to sell bikes and then not help you out after the sale.

I'm on board with the Dr on this one. Even if the dealer didn't sell you your bike, it certainly sounds like he doesn't want to in the future..find a better dealer if possible..good luck with the fuel cap.

About all the dealer offered me was to take the parts back if I was careful with the inspection of them against my installed parts.

Back