free website stats program fluid leak | Harley Davidson Forums

fluid leak

rattlefish

hi im pretty new here. hoping someone can help with my problem.couple wees ago started seeing spots under chain case i thought it was drain plug at first. so i did case service with new o ring and teflon tape. added quart and now leaks a little worse. got under it with a mirror , fluid seems to be coming from behind belt sprocket . is there breather tube i cant see? hate to think oil seal at 6000 miles. any help would greatly appreciated.thanks

Ouch, it sounds like it could be coming from a seal. I personally have not encountered that problem, But if the plug is not the issue....does it do it all of the time? Just after a ride? What? Is the chain at the proper tention? Humm Good luck.

Cliff Buzz

hi im pretty new here. hoping someone can help with my problem.couple wees ago started seeing spots under chain case i thought it was drain plug at first. so i did case service with new o ring and teflon tape. added quart and now leaks a little worse. got under it with a mirror , fluid seems to be coming from behind belt sprocket . is there breather tube i cant see? hate to think oil seal at 6000 miles. any help would greatly appreciated.thanks

Before starting to tear into stuff looking for a bad seal, check this out:

Primary Oil Leak - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Back