free website stats program fluid changes | Harley Davidson Forums

fluid changes

rydahog

did my 1000 mi fluid change last night,2011 flhx for primary, and trans.. trans bolt was clear,,not sure if there is supposed to be Metal on tip or not?? but the primary bolt had a lot of residue on it..cleaned off and re-installed.. used spectro in both openings,,6speed/and primary fluid..i noticed that with the transmission drain plug. if the bike is not standing up straight some of the fluid drains into the metal stabilizer bracket that is new for this bike..and drips out to direction bike is tilted a bit,,but not much..i am waiting for oil change , HD is replacing the HEX screws on the oil filter housing cooler..as they are "WEEPING" some oil,,in their words..so then i will change my oil and filter.. But the manager was more interested in getting me in for 1000 mi service it seems..asking twice did i want to set up appointment for that! so i see the Weeping oil under my frame (making a mess) and Sat will go to them for fix..later all..ryd

ohh yeah forgot to continue this,,haha!
well i went to brandon, they were playing with priceing etc,,and very pushy, and there was a FEE of some $930?? that i asked 3 times for a breakdown of these fees,,NO Answer, and then charging me an extra 1% fin, rate..i left.

Went to jims,,got what i thought was a good deal,,they left me hanging for 5 days, with different story each day, about can't get bike yet,,its comin,,its on east coast,,etc,, finally got a call from Manager,,well we can't get this bike,,do you want another // different color,,NO was my answer,, personally i think they didnt like the deal the other manager made,and also i think they saw that i had looked at brandon first and did not like that???

finally went to lakeland,,got same bike, different color, sedona orange, Cruise, alarm, free oil,,and lower price, my trade was identical to other guys, so i made the deal,.. now for exhaust,tfi, and a/c/ and most needed 8" windshield.LOL
later,,ryd.:)

Rydahog,
I am not up on the new models. From your post is sounds to me like you have an oil cooler. Was this an "add on" or did it come "stock"?

It would be interesting to me if HD was making and oil cooler a stock option.

Back