free website stats program Flstsb | Harley Davidson Forums

Flstsb

cornfuzed

Hi all!
Ok so ive ridding metrics and have enjoyed them immensely... whilst going to get a 1 3/4 hd exhaust clamp for my lastest metric .. I made a costly decision... I sat on a CrossBones... At that moment i understood the difference between all the metrics ive been on and this machine when i just SAT on the bike... If this bike will do what im asking of it then Im dropping the dime on it in September. Now, questions are the following...
Ive never been in a harley dealership before that moment...
1) How do i approach asking for a test ride of the bike...
2) are there seat options that will make my love of my life enjoy riding with me
3) at 6'2 im not a thin man ... more like Shreck how are the long distance rides
4) Im reading about lean from MoCo... Can i work with the Hd dealer to resolve before purchase?
5) anyone bought here from Hales Hd in Mansfield? Are they good after purchase?
6) Anyone have a long term report on the bike?
7) ABS?

I love it even when im on my wonderful S40 to hear the ground just thunder when the HDs go buy... Do i drop the dime on some Samson True Duals? Are the factory exhausts work like that? Do i switch to Royal purple / AMSOIL when i take it home?
Should i look at the Heritage Classic for 1 hr rides instead of this soul shaking bike i have sat on? Do i have too many questions? Im trying to read all i can before putting 18k on a bike i dont have experiences with... Never has a bike SPOKE to me like this one did...EVER....

Thanks anyone with responses to help me out before putting my John Henry on the line...:s

Here we go:

1. Yes. In fact with the economy as it is, ask for the weekend!!
2. Yes. But that bike has such classic retro lines that it is too cool with the sprung seat!!
3. OK.
4. Yep. Very lean. You should read up here on fuelers (not tuners). I like the TFI for simplicities sake.
5. Check with Hobbit.
6. Check these posts and pm these guys:

'09 crossbones springer service - Harley Davidson Community
Fork bag for a springer? - Harley Davidson Community
Crossbones Custom - Harley Davidson Community
Has anyone customized a Harley Crossbones - Harley Davidson Community
New HD Crossbones - Harley Davidson Community

7. Not sure. Thought that was only the touring bikes

Switch your fluids - yes. Full synthetic 20W50 engine oil in the engine, full synthetic gear lube in the tranny (Spectro 6-spd!!) and Formula + or Spectro Primary in the primary.

No. Get your Crossbones. Make it look like an old-timey bike with your mods. Buy another bike to ride with the Missis.

TQ

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the response Ill look into that TFI and followup with Hobbit, read the links and read some more...these are gonna be some LONG 5 months...

Thanks Hobbit, no i apologize in not thinkin the question through, the Hales HD is here in Mansfield Ohio...I didnt think the odds of two hales and two mansfields... even though i work with buddys in Bournemouth. I love the idea of the saggy bags as the Hales Rep said they would throw in the triangle sissybar / back pad / pillion and foot rests into the sale....Whats the odds? Hales in Mansfield Uk / Hales in Mansfield Oh ?

it was more the mansfields than Hales :D, i should have guessed realy specially as i live near to birmingham UK and youo have at least 3 in the US :D

thats not bad if there chucking in the pillion kit, see if you can push for discount or free fitting on the Stage 1 upgrade :D

we had a crossbones in the local dealer with saggy bags and it looked awesome mind, they have orignal FLH with saggy bags and i want that as well but at £25K not a chance

:D I vote you to be my Hales HD REP! :D again a great idea, i mean it cant hurt right now to ask now could it?

The best thing about Hale's is it is right across from the prison. The guys in the prison yard get to watch you ride off on your new crossbones!

Seriously, I've visited Hale's -- because an earlier bike I had bought used, was bought new from there and I wanted to see where it came from. Not a bad trot from Columbus.

Since you are close, you may want to see what AD Farrow's will do for you -- at 71 and 37 in Sunbury. They have a really big showroom downstairs and new/used upstairs.

Good luck!

Thanks Hobbit, no i apologize in not thinkin the question through, the Hales HD is here in Mansfield Ohio...I didnt think the odds of two hales and two mansfields... even though i work with buddys in Bournemouth. I love the idea of the saggy bags as the Hales Rep said they would throw in the triangle sissybar / back pad / pillion and foot rests into the sale....Whats the odds? Hales in Mansfield Uk / Hales in Mansfield Oh ?

This is my mistake. I'm afraid I assumed you were in the UK, hence my suggestion that you ask Hobbit for the reference. Sorry bout that!!

TQ

This is my mistake. I'm afraid I assumed you were in the UK, hence my suggestion that you ask Hobbit for the reference. Sorry bout that!!

TQ

:D Thanks TQuentin, I sincerely appreciate all you guys are doing to help me... Its killin me to WAIT! So i love to research which is what gravitated me to this site....Between you Glider / Hobbit / Joyridin / others / spell check / so far I feel accepted even though Im not on a HD yet and im a goob who can ask much questions even though they mightve already been posted / talked / chewed the fat on / hashed to death....

SportyHawg: What was yer thoughts on them? Yeah I tried to go to AD Farrows today... Yeah... they were closed!!!!GRRRRR!!! I cant tell you how frusted i get on my "weekends" looks like most places i wanna go / see are "closed" DRIVES ME NUTS!
:bigsmiley29:​

The '09 Cross Bones is a nice looking bike. The old-style seat and the mini-apes dress it up nicely!

Attachments

• 09_FLSTSB_R.jpg
    09_FLSTSB_R.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 9
Back