free website stats program FLSTC Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC Pipes

msamm

Hi,

I am new her but have a question, my sound stupid, but here goes.

I want to upgrade the pipes on my 2010 FLSTC to Samson True Duals and was wondering if I need to remap or will the EFI adjust to the new pipes?

Hi,

I am new her but have a question, my sound stupid, but here goes.

I want to upgrade the pipes on my 2010 FLSTC to Samson True Duals and was wondering if I need to remap or will the EFI adjust to the new pipes?

Most bikes will be OK with just a pipe change tho remember they are lean to begin with

If you are going to get the gas out quicker why not change the AC also? Your closed loop system should handle it.

I put slipons on my softail and was ok without the TFI but before completing the stage 1 with the air cleaner you will need a TFI, and will be glad you did it

msamm; if you were doing pipes-only then the bike will adjust fine, but w/duals you'll want to adjust to allow for entire exhaust set-up. Like Jack indicated - HD's run lean from factory and you don't want to heat up those new pipes too much. Recommend geting a tuner along w/the pipes so you're also ready for the nexy upgrade (breather).

Thanks Iceman, I was looking to put K&N 3909 ac upgrade aswell so if I put a Dynojet Automatic Tune Kit on will I also need to put a PC V kit aswell or will the Dynojet do the job with my stock EFI?

I highly recommend looking into the Doebeck TFI or Gen3 tuner. It piggybacks and adds a little more fuel, and you can adjust it with a screwdriver, incase you add anything later on. No dyno needed, just install and go

You will be better off adding some fuel. There are a lot of options for that. TFI is very popular with a lot of folks on this site.

Thanks Iceman, I was looking to put K&N 3909 ac upgrade aswell so if I put a Dynojet Automatic Tune Kit on will I also need to put a PC V kit aswell or will the Dynojet do the job with my stock EFI?

Is there a reason why you selected Dynojet...and do you know what this model unit modifies i.e. duty cycle or stretch the electroic pulse to the injectors and do they offer different maps based on your Stage I mods A/C and exhaust (the whole pipe/baffles...w/ or w/o cats, 02 sensors and such)?

Not sure what all it modifies, do know that it is supose to auto change your fuel according to the way you drive, it does come with replacment 02 sinsors.

Excuse my dumbness but dont know a lot about what I need to do to make these changes, first time dealing with EFI on a motorcycle. I was under the impression that the EFI on the newer systems would handle changes in the pipes and AC, but sure dont want to do harm to my ride.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don have you done these changes? I do want to upgrade the AC aswell, but have been told that it has to be remaped or could cause engine damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back