free website stats program FLSTC Passenger Floor boards | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC Passenger Floor boards

Just purchased a set of second hand floor boards (passenger) ,not sure if they are softail . One looks like the bracket on the HD website (kind of a fish tail with hole about the size of a quarter then a threaded hole just before the clamp that holds it to the floor board aassy) the other is completely different.I know thi seems simple but does anyone have instuctions on how to mount these.Thanks , Ride safe

06 heritage passender foot boards 001.jpg

06 heritage passender foot boards 002.jpg

This is how I installed my passenger floor boards, i had to point the u shape down because of the chrome swing arm, but it looks good and works great.

Do you have a picture of your mounts or a part number? Is the piece with the threaded hole round, about 3" long? You might have the adjustable floorboard mounts.

just4u
You can not use the nut covers. The large arc at the bottom of your picture is suppose to go around the nut. You need to rotate the bracket and it will be locked into position by the nut and bracket. The hex portion of the bracket is what locks the floorboard preventing it from rotating. If the passenger puts to much weight past the nut front or rear of the floorboard it will most likely rotate with the way you have your bracket mounted.

"just4u
You can not use the nut covers. The large arc at the bottom of your picture is suppose to go around the nut. You need to rotate the bracket and it will be locked into position by the nut and bracket. The hex portion of the bracket is what locks the floorboard preventing it from rotating. If the passenger puts to much weight past the nut front or rear of the floorboard it will most likely rotate with the way you have your bracket mounted. "

The large arc can not around the nut because of the Chrome swing arm plate and the Chrome Nut cover. I have the edge of the Arc riding next to the swingarm and has been fine with no movement for three years. I just got back from a 3097 mile roadtrip to Glacier National park with a ice cheast straped to each Footboad,with not movement,also with riders with no problem of footboard monement. thanks for the Advise but I'm not worried about it. It's not broke so I'm not going to fix it.I will check it once 'n a while.

I also have the same problem as ccrider bought second hand passenger boards one of which has the fishtail bracket and the other side is completely differnt no bracket just a different fitting havnt a clue how to fit these.

Back