free website stats program Flstc Mstr Cyl. Cover | Harley Davidson Forums

Flstc Mstr Cyl. Cover

HI, New to forum and I have a 07 heritage,I changed the handlebars to buckhorns[ I think], 6 months later the paint is coming off the cover [yep its seeping] The cylinder is not positioned level, but I like these bars.Any help is appreciated!

Could be you are over tightening the cover screws, They don't get run down real hard. Check for the torque on them and don't go over it or you squish the gasket and they leak.

Could be you are over tightening the cover screws, They don't get run down real hard. Check for the torque on them and don't go over it or you squish the gasket and they leak.

Thanks,I'll give it a try.I just found the moco bars uncomfortable.

Hey, just joined this site today. I had a leaking master cylinder cover on my Softail and found it to be the screws needed some thread sealant on them, yep it was coming from the screw heads.

Hey, just joined this site today. I had a leaking master cylinder cover on my Softail and found it to be the screws needed some thread sealant on them, yep it was coming from the screw heads.

HEY CRUSHER, I never thought of that.Will give it a shot after I get back from houston.

That's a gripe of mine... the "torque" for those screws is really touchy. And if any of that DOT 4 leaks out... your paint is gone.

Even worse, if it drips onto your tank... same thing. I preferred the older DOT 5. It might need changing every few years, but it was certainly more bike friendly. With cars... everything (master cyclinder, calipers, etc.) are tucked away under hood or something... but with bikes, it's out there, visible, and causes problems VERY easily.

Back