free website stats program floppy mirror fix | Harley Davidson Forums

floppy mirror fix

jerrybombard

I've got an 07 RKC and lately the left mirror has come "loose" where it attaches to the stem. This allowed it to drop down out of adjustment, sometimes just whie sitting at idle. It became very annoying to me so I decided to try an experiment. Nothing to loose, right? I didn't want to try this with the mirror off the bike, fearing I'd lose my setting. After getting the mirror pointed where I wanted it, I applied a few drops of blue locktite to the ball area (where the mirror rotates). I'm happy to report that after 2 days and about 100 miles, the mirror has not moved. I'm a little hesitant to move it for a test, fearing I'd break my "seal". But then again, I don't need to as it sits right where I want it to.
Just thought I'd pass this along as I have heard of others with a loose mirror, mostly the left side.

Jerry

You can tighten the two screws on either side of the ball to make the mirror snug so it doesn't move on you. It applies more pressure to the ball assembly itself.

Jerry

You can tighten the two screws on either side of the ball to make the mirror snug so it doesn't move on you. It applies more pressure to the ball assembly itself.
Right on Glider.

I have found and suggested this to a friend that was ready to buy a whole New assembly..

Loosen the screws and wiggle mirror around while very loose, some what Position,,,, Than tighten. This will make it NEW again... Careful you don't OVER tighten.. it WILL work.

NOW after going out to the garage to LOOK .......

MY New 09 FLHR DOESN'T have the Screws.:newsmile08:

My O MY maybe back to the BLUE....

signed....BUBBIE

That's how they "upgraded" the newer bikes. Now you have to buy a new mirror. :D

AND, I bet you can only buy them in PAIRS:newsmile093: = :newsmile093::newsmile093:

Go figure.. I know my 2ooo was sensible and had the screws.....

Modern technology....:laugh Hurmmmph

signed....BUBBIE

I think the proper term for it is called "planned obsolescence" :D

They have the bean counters figuring all these things out how to make more money.

I think the proper term for it is called "planned obsolescence" :D

They have the bean counters figuring all these things out how to make more money.

The new assembly is probably less expensive for the MOCO too. I'm certain it would cost us the same amount or more to replace.

Back