free website stats program Floor Board Idea for Fat Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Floor Board Idea for Fat Bob

I have a 2009 Fat Bob equipped with after market mini-floorboards. They're okay, but they are mini, I have a size 14 boot, and I wish I could fit a full-size floor board to the bike. I've had two HD parts departments research the cop bike floorboards for fitment; no luck. Was in a dealership a few weeks ago looking at the new 2012 Dyna Switchback equipped with stock full size footboards. So a light bulb went off -- will the switchback mounts and the foot controls fit my frame? By eye-balling back and forth between that bike in the showroom and mine in the parking lot looking at dimensions, common frame mounts, etc., it looks feasible. Parts department was not equipped with proper parts manual to confirm. Questions: (1) anybody know if this would, or would not, work (2012 switchback floorboards fitted to 2009 FXDF)? (2) can someone point me to an online parts schematic for the 2012 switchback model I can refer to for part numbers? Thanks!

I have a 2009 Fat Bob equipped with after market mini-floorboards. They're okay, but they are mini, I have a size 14 boot, and I wish I could fit a full-size floor board to the bike. I've had two HD parts departments research the cop bike floorboards for fitment; no luck. Was in a dealership a few weeks ago looking at the new 2012 Dyna Switchback equipped with stock full size footboards. So a light bulb went off -- will the switchback mounts and the foot controls fit my frame? By eye-balling back and forth between that bike in the showroom and mine in the parking lot looking at dimensions, common frame mounts, etc., it looks feasible. Parts department was not equipped with proper parts manual to confirm. Questions: (1) anybody know if this would, or would not, work (2012 switchback floorboards fitted to 2009 FXDF)? (2) can someone point me to an online parts schematic for the 2012 switchback model I can refer to for part numbers? Thanks!

http://www.oysterquartz.net/J01921.pdf Try this

FatbobRob,

I just found your messages in forum about installing the floor boards on the dyna kit instructions j01921. I bought a used 2008 last month and have been trying since to find parts, kits that I was told were available and now no hd dealers can find them. Im going to see if the floor boards are available by part no. only. Did you install these on yours? Did they work ok for you? Your response would be greatly appreciated. I'm beginning to think alot of these dealership part guys either don't have a clue or are just lazy. If you can send me a message back via email or here it would be very cool. Thanks for the schematic Jack.

Not trying to bring back old thread but searched for Dyna footboards and didn't find any reference to the new KIT from HD.

Kit # 50500247 from HD is "NEW" item.

Back