free website stats program Flooding in England | Harley Davidson Forums

Flooding in England

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Hobbit, sure hope your not anywhere near the flooding, it looks grim.

I also live need a flood prone area and I feel for anybody that has to go through that. My prays are with them.

We lost our home in the storm of the century in '93. We had 11ft of water in the front yard. Our hearts go out to the people in the lake district.

Live also close to flood areas seen what the Mighty Mississippi can do..our thoughts and prayers are with the ppl of England and any place else that suffers from flooding.

We had a fair bit of flooding here in september elgin and on 2 nov huntly for a couple of weeks now ive had problems getting out from my local area as a lot of bridges were damaged and the roads closed
my boss lives 1 1/2 miles from work but had a 25 mile detour to get to work thankfully that bridge got opend with trafic lights on thursday will be a long time before its fully open and thats the main coast road in this part of scotland
so i understand the problems that they are going to have for a while in north west england
global weather changes seems to be affecting uk with a lot more wind and rain hand has got worse over just the last 5 years uring the spring and summer seemed to rain all the time here however there was a dry spell 6 days in may and the next dry spell was 5 days in mid september in october we had double the normal rainfall
luckily i live half way up a hill so no real danger of flooding

Brian

Good to see your ok Hobbit! The Lakes District is a beautiful part of the UK, we enjoyed travelling through there. Hope all goes well for the folk up that way!!

Back