free website stats program FLHX Solo seat ? For big and tall riders? | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHX Solo seat ? For big and tall riders?

escorial

I have a 08 SG and was wondering if anyone my size 6'02' 270lbs w/32" inseam had had any luck with the Mustang or Corbin Solo tour seats? IE I would like some feedback as far as comfort. Please post your size w/ replies,

Also how do you like ths stock bars and solo seat combo? Pix always appreciated.

TIA,
John

Anyone out there? Also would like to hear on the Mustang dual tour seat for people my size. I wrote Mustang and asked the question and the responce was that the seat will make you stit higher and closer and of course no returns even if the seat was returned in perfect condition.

A few years back I did buy a seat direct from Mustang and prior to doing so I asked if I could put a towl on under the seat and just lay the seat on the bike and try sitting on it. I was given the ok, it did not feel right and I was able to return it no questions asked. I guess things have changed.

Also asked Mustang if they ever planed to offer a seat for taller larger riders, I suggested even if they removed the slot for the riders backrest that it would help a lot of riders by using that space to move the rider back.

I was told NO they have no plans to even change the design.

My interests are still a SOLO Corbin or Mustang, Possibly a Mustang dual tour seal or just having Russell Seat build me a seat.

So if any of you big boys would like to throw your 2 cents in on what you using for touring comfort I certanily would like to hear from you as well as some pix.

Please I would like to hear from people who are my size and have a SG.

IAM 6 '6'' use mustang on my Road Glide...fit fine
Backup6-2056.jpg

Everyone I've talked to that bought a Mustang seat has been very happy with them. However, Corbin seats are either loved or hated. I have a Corbin seat and being 6'2" 185lbs with a bad back, I absolutely love the seat because it forms to your body and sitting style and is very supportive (stiff). So if you're looking for a cushy seat, a Corbin seat may not be the way to go. If you want a seat that will be stiff and ergonomically formed to your tail, check out a Corbin.

I'm the same size as you man, and I absolutely LOVE my Mustang seat. I have the solo, and the matching Mustang passenger that I can pop on and off for the old lady. They are GREAT seats, and I have done many long trips on it with no butt-ache. I also HIGHLY recommend the driver backrest. It does wonders for my lower-back, and pops on and off easily. The solo seat moves us tall dudes back an inch or so, and down a hair as well, and you really sit IN the seat as opposed to up ON the seat (and tank) with the HD seats. It has a nice bucket and lots of support for me.

I tried the HD Sundowner as well- NO comparison to the Mustang. I have heard good stuff about Corbins too; but like the dude above said- some folks love 'em and some hate 'em. To each their own. I haven't heard any complaints about Mustangs personally. They make great stuff in my opinion.

Good luck!

I just did a bunch of research on this seat deal. Ended up going with the Mustang solo. I am 6'4' 210 lbs, so I had the same problem with looking to cramped on the bike, the Mustang took care of that in a great and comfortable way. Seat is awsome! Great customer service to.

Hi feel your Pain Im 6'7" 36" inseam 250lbs 08 SG I Looked at them all and Im going with a C&C Seat the Fastback Model. Chuck can Custom Make your seat I wanted to go solo but Chuck said their would be Little to No Lumbar support and with the fastback He can get me back 3" farther then the Stock with about 4-5" of Lumbar support and with custom Flame stiching and all Leather no Vinyl about 450.00 +shipping.

Back