free website stats program FLHTPI Questions | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTPI Questions

HogFan

Hi all. I recently sold my Heritage Special and I am considering replacement options. Right now a 2007 FLHTPI that I found online is at the top of the list mostly because I have never owned one and it is a bit different. I keep noticing the cap/knob on top of the bags on every pic I see of one and I am a bit curious as to what they are. I would also like to hear from those of you who own or have owned Police models as to whether you would recommend them.

Thanks!
HogFan
Garland, TX

the puck on top of the police bags is how you open them and close um its the latch

I suppose they put the knobs on the bags to make it easier to open while wearing their gloves . A buddy has an 05 and the anti lock brake setup takes up a good bit of the right saddlebag, just something to consider. Also, don't forget about the run flat tires that come on them.

I’ve had mine for less than a week and absolutely love it. Then again I’m a minimalist so a basic stripper bike is perfect for me. Other good features if you buy them direct from the department:

Police bikes are well maintained and have complete service records available.
Police bikes will be responsibly ridden and not beat to death.
Police bikes cost much less than an equivalent civilian bike.
Police bikes have unique styling, they’re so ugly they’re cool.

Hi all. I recently sold my Heritage Special and I am considering replacement options. Right now a 2007 FLHTPI that I found online is at the top of the list mostly because I have never owned one and it is a bit different. I keep noticing the cap/knob on top of the bags on every pic I see of one and I am a bit curious as to what they are. I would also like to hear from those of you who own or have owned Police models as to whether you would recommend them.

Thanks!
HogFan
Garland, TX
HogFan,, Like yourself the FLHTPI got my attention,, so I just bought one, 2006, came from the Kansas City PD.. that's all I know about it.. it'l be another month before I pick it up in Dallas, where I purchased.. From Dreammachinecylcles dot com they were really good to work with. I drive trk for living I go out 4 weeks the home week.. just got home today,, get ready for my next week off will go get my FLHTPI have lots of questions,,so I look forward to the guys/gals on this site, being some help.. Can someone tell me if the proper tires sizes: Front ? MT90B 16 72H Rear ? MU85 B 16 77H? now those are number I got from the Michelin site,, but they don't list FLHTPI models,, just FLHTxx etc.. So could someone confirm the correct size, as I have run flat tires, and I understand that should not use for 2up??? can anyone get me specs to compare, I really thinking about the New Michelin Pilot 2TC series, but not sure if they will fit, and Width restrictions can someone help me with that... My First Harley very excited about it.... after 50 years I know my dad's smil'n as he was a cycle instructor in the WWII before the war. He loved the HD's, and he had his own personal machine after he got back from Europe, bought it new for like $600... wow,, you can't buy a wheel and tire on a HD know..for that..
Thanks for you all and appreciate any help you can throw my way :)

it'l be another month before I pick it up in Dallas, where I purchased.. From Dreammachinecylcles dot com they were really good to work with.

Too funny…when Dream Machines listed that bike on eBay I forwarded them a few lowball offers that they rejected.

I wound up buying one of the eBay auction bikes from the Texarkana PD.

There is at least one down side to cop bikes: many of them are intentionally dropped during the training sessions. That might affect the bike, or it might not. I was looking at getting one prior to buying the 07 RG. Glad I made the decision I did...awesome bike (RG)

I don't know about the “intentional” part, but mine definitely shows scars of being dropped. Plus the service records document that the shifter was replaced and bodywork was performed. And the right exhaust pipe has a small dent where the previous floorboard contacted it.

As far as I’m concerned it just adds to the character of the bike.

Back