free website stats program FLHTK Battery removal | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTK Battery removal

Scrounger

Ok, have the service manual, read it like a bible, still stuck on something real simple. After you have the two rear bolt off the battery cover, you are to tilt the cover forward and then remove the cover. The cover just wont come off the front mount of the battery. I see two allen bolts way at the bottom, but I don't think I have to remove them. The service manual says you dont have too.

What am I missing here? Getting to the battery shouldn't be that difficult to get to.

I looked at a 2008 manual.

Any engineers here. It cant be that difficult to remove a battery

:newsmile08:

Figured it out, it was hung up on a huge wire harness. All taken care of now and bit is only a few hours from being buttoned up for her maiden ride.

You might also be interested in looking into a battery tender. That way you'll never have to take the battery out and you'll be able to easily plug it in and charge it any time of the year. I believe they retail for about $40.

You might also be interested in looking into a battery tender. That way you'll never have to take the battery out and you'll be able to easily plug it in and charge it any time of the year. I believe they retail for about $40.

I agree with the battery tender thing! I think every big bike deserves one. If you shop around some, you can find the Battery Tender Jr. for around $20 plus S&H.

TQ

Have a tender, I was mounting other items in front of the battery and cleaning up a PCV installation.

How did the PCV work out, have you found enough room for a good install, and how's the performance of the PCV so far?

Install was much easier after I removed the tank and battery top tray. Make more room to move things around since I have a fair amount of stuff under the seat right now. Haven't really run the bike with the PCV installed yet. Will find out more tomorrow.

The trick is after taking back two bolts out, make sure to push cover forward enough to clear little tab, in front to clear slot in cover and wiring harness on sides out far enough to clear cover.

Back