free website stats program FLHRI Fuel Gauge Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHRI Fuel Gauge Problems

thessel

Ok at my trouble shooting end here and was hoping to send out a request to see if you guys can help out? 97 FLHRI where the fuel gauge was reading 1/2 tank when the actual fuel tank was empty or close to empty. While in dealer for some other work had them trouble shoot to tell me it was the gauge. So, I said thanks and then I installed a new gauge. Now, the gauge changes quickly. When the gauge reads empty, the actual amount of fuel in the tank is now at 1/2, so... anyone have any thoughts or recommendations as to what this could be? Thanks.

Thanks Glider, I will run the test this week. Question, if its the sending unit, how difficult is that to change? Seems the part is not that expensive? I believe there is a bladder/gasket under the center console. Do I just pull that and it exposes the sending unit on the left side of the tank? Anything you can add would be very helpful. Thanks, Tom.

Replace the seal and the sealing screws to avoid leaks. It's a matter of turning and twisting the unit to remove it.

Back