free website stats program Fleece Jeans vs Chaps | Harley Davidson Forums

Fleece Jeans vs Chaps

dogdad

Anyone else out there wear fleece lined jeans for riding? I can't seem to go get myself to do the chaps. I find the fleece jeans really block the wind and are warm. For real cold days(35-45*) I'll put some capeline pants underneath. I bought some "Icebreaker 260 Merino wool " long johns today and will try them out tomorrow morning. According to Icebreaker,,they're supposed to be warmer, less odor,compared to synthetics like Capeline and are like a second skin. Made from the mountain sheep in the Southern Alps of New Zealand.
Also picked up a pair of these for the hands,, Marmot work Gloves.......waterproof , windproof, warm....on sale for $68 with free shipping.

I have used Carthart quilt lined jeans for a couple of years too. I haven't had any problems and they are comfortable. That said, I am considering getting chaps too, so I can choose between the two. The Cartharts can be a little hard to live with if you are staying indoors for a while with them on, whereas the chaps can be removed and stored.

There are two things chaps do for you. They block the wind and help to prevent road rash if you have a spill. They do not keep you warm. If you have a touring bike with the lowers then the chaps aren't really going to help you with the wind and if your jeans are thick enough they will suffice for the chaps. Fossil

I got a pair of firstgear ht 2 pants, they double as rainpaints and they are thinsulate lined, it was in the 30s and all I had on was a pair of jeans underneath and they were still warm

Back