free website stats program Flaming exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Flaming exhaust

Welcome to the forum. A little more info would help us help you.
Is it backfiring? Cutting in and out? Hitting the rev limiter? How high are the rpm's? Did this just start?...........etc, etc.

you could be running quite rich, have the push rods set a little too tight, have too much overlap twix the intake and exhaust.:newsmile093:

Welcome to The Forum, More info will be a Big plus, how long are the pipes, what carb timing etc:s

OK well no backfiring or cutting in or out it happens rite before it hits the limiter no tack so I guss about 6500 or so & yes I just recently notesed it.it has 24000 on it & python shorty pipes & kuryakyn air cleaner.

OK well no backfiring or cutting in or out it happens rite before it hits the limiter no tack so I guss about 6500 or so & yes I just recently notesed it.it has 24000 on it & python shorty pipes & kuryakyn air cleaner.

Do you smell alot of gas? If you are TOO rich it will cause this, what bafles do you have?

I'd say your floating an exhaust valve if it's right near the rev limiter.........next question would be why in the world would you wanna rev it that high? ............but then again, that's none of my business.:shock

Probably Normal with the pipes you are using. SHORTY & Python suggest it is what it is...

Have the inserts/baffels been removed?

Lots of gas and fire at 5500 RPM...

signed....BUBBIE

Back