free website stats program Flag Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

Flag Mount

09ultra

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good Flag mount for a Ultra tour pack rack? I want to get a American flag but want a decent and clean mount. Thanks. Pics would be great!:D

You might try RIVCO Products, Inc.- Manufacturer of cruiser and touring motorcycle accessories for your Harley Davidson motorcycle, Honda Motorcycle, Yamaha motorcycle, Kawasaki motorcycle, Suzuki motorcycle, Triumph motorcycle and Victory motorcycle. as their 08 catalog does show two pages worth of flag holders of all sizes (pg. 32-33). I ALWAYS display a USA flag attached to the lip of my L saddlebag (from local H-D dealer). Just gotta display them colors ~ so many reasons to be proud, so many reasons to be "on guard"! :bigsmiley14:

JP cycles carries a couple of options. One fits on the trunk rack most folks put on an ultra. There is a second one that fist on the saddlebag rails. i have two actually one that fits on the luggage rack and one that fits on the saddlebag brackets and holds two 3' x 5' flags for parades and such.

I got mine from Eastern Performance. they mount to the luggage rack on the tour pac. They were considerably cheaper than what others wanted for the same thing. seems like they were $20-$30 each.

P6114027.jpg

I used the HD flag mount which comes with an adhesive plastic piece you affix to the tour pac first to protect it from the actual mount.

The flag is high quality...but...the instructions that come with it state that it is NOT made for highway speeds, only for parades.

Well, I got about 6,000 miles out of it in various riding conditions. Then the lower area that surrounds the pole began to fray. Before I could fix that (I just kept forgetting), I lost it on a ride in November.

Cost was about 30 bucks for the assembly.

The again, the flag that I fly in my front yard usually needs replacing at least once per year as well....regardless of the quality I buy.

bj

I use the J&P cycles antenna mounts. I have a US flag on the Right antenna and a POW-MIA on the Left. The POW-MIA flag is actually made for a larger diameter mount, but a couple of stitches with a needle and thread fixed that. My original Flag did shred on my trip to NY and back, but it was about three years old too.

Back