free website stats program Fix for snaps on lowers? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fix for snaps on lowers?

B-1B_Guy

I searched this forum and couldn't find any information on folks having problems with the leather flap snaps being incredibly difficult to snap or coming loose. Am I the only guy w/ an Ultra Classic that absolutely hates these things? Is there a simple fix (other than glue) to make them easier to snap or help them stay secured? Thanks in advance.

thanks B-1B Guy for asking that. I had one come loose today when I was riding and forgot about it. Bit I do have the same problem. I guess they are that way so people will spend money on the locking doors for there.:D

Yeah, I absolutely hated those things. I was going to tear out the plastic male snap and get some metal male snaps and pop rivet them in place. However, my wife ordered me the locking doors. So, now I don't have to deal with those lousy snap covers.

Glider,

I'll try the vaseline idea, thanks. Now, you other guys just mentioned the 1 and only part I've never seen in the HD catalog before. Locking tabs? I need to hear more....are they a HD part or from an aftermarket company? Anyone help me out? Thanks again.

B-1B, the part # you are looking for is: 57411-08 . However, hold on to your hat, they're $195.00. I hate the snaps too, but not $200 worth!

With HD glovebox doors, the locks are keyed to your existing key. They take about 2 weeks for them to arrive.

There are alternatives. Hog Trough makes a set that you can attach a water bottle holder to. Check it out here.

take a little bit of 3-n-1 oil on the end of a q-tip. That way you get both pieces completly.

you say there plastic on US bikes? the poppers on the lowers of my glide are metal and dont come undone unless i pull em

the female snaps(on the leather piece) are metal but the male(inside the lower itself) are plastic on my 07 Ultra.

Back