free website stats program Fitting Saddlebags from a 2002 Heritage Softtail on a 1997 Wide Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Fitting Saddlebags from a 2002 Heritage Softtail on a 1997 Wide Glide

WKenny

A buddy gave me saddlebags from a 2002 Heritage Softtail and I'm trying to install them on my 1997 Wide Glide. The bags don't fit between the suspension springs in front and the turning signal in back. Anyone have any ideas about fabricating an installation. Thanks.

A buddy gave me saddlebags from a 2002 Heritage Softtail and I'm trying to install them on my 1997 Wide Glide. The bags don't fit between the suspension springs in front and the turning signal in back. Anyone have any ideas about fabricating an installation. Thanks.
This is going to be a chore you might not like, The newer Dyna Switchback has mini hard bags, they mount way different and are alot smaller
Welcome to The Forum

Once mounted be aware that bike is going to be a lot wider rear ward.....

I have relocated the rear turn signals on all of my bikes to allow the fitting of saddlebags there is a kit for each model just ensure you get a kit that will work with your bike as your bike is a wide glide you will need a kit specifically for it

Brian

Back