free website stats program Fishtail tips only??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Fishtail tips only???

jerrybombard

belive it or not, I happy with the way my 07 RKC exhaust sounds. I THINK it has stock mufflers on it. Niether side appears to have been drilled out in any way, although looking into the mufflers there is a difference between the right and left one. I think that's because the left is more of a resonator than anything?
Anyhow, I've searched about with no results, but would like to know if someone out there makes fishtail tips that can be added to my stock mufflers?

Thanks,
They are available to fit the different manufactures mufflers, but I'd like to find some that would fit the stock cans.

You're right on the differences between the left and right mufflers. The left is basically for sound and most exhaust flows out the right one. As far as the tips you will need measurements of the diameter of the stock mufflers and then contact the different makers of the fish tails to see if they would fit.

YEAH !!!!
That's what I'm looking for. If Kuryakin makes them, I'd guess other do to. Nothing against them. I'd like to see a more detailed pic of them clamp up and all. I'll get a hold of J&P and see what I can find out.
Funny, I looked at J&P earlier today and didn't see them....work was getting in the way.
Thanks a bunch!!

The catalog say's they fit up to 2009 RK's

I did a little searching and it seems, right now anyway, Kuryakin (sp?) is the only one that makes them. I'll need to see these in person before handing over $150 for a set. I don't like what I see as far as clamping goes. Looks like the clamp would be totaly visable on the top side and hidden on the bottom.
Unless the pics are shown upside down so you can see that part??
I noticed in the ads for these they are not showing the clamp ons on the bike, but instead a pair of full fishtail mufflers. gotta see that clamping scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back