free website stats program First warm weather ride | Harley Davidson Forums

First warm weather ride

Made my first warm (75 degree) weather ride today on my 2007 Low Rider. I purchased it last December. My last bike was water cooled.

It has an oversized windshield which caused some serious buffeting problems. The first thing I tried was a tank bag which really helped. Then I installed a set of Memphis Shades Lowers and my buffeting problem was gone.

But I did notice a lot of heat on my right thigh today while riding on the interstate (75-80mph). I have been riding in the 40's to 60's and never noticed this.

I'm planning a 1900 mile road trip next week. I'm wondering if the lowers are going cause problems when it gets up to the 100's here in NM?

Any experiences or input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

if you have seen the fat bob tommy gun style stock pipes, you talk about heat in the summer, that is heat, as the rear pipe makes its initial run parallel to your thigh. I googled the 2007 low rider and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so it quite possible its normal. if you went from a water cooled, if it wasn't a vrsc, then I assume a non-harley is going to be a little different. forward-controls would probably also add to the heat, vs. mid.

Your just experiencing a non water cooled bike. You will be fine... Its just part of owning a Harley...:s

Back