free website stats program First service | Harley Davidson Forums

First service

awall

At 1150 miles I still hadn't had my 1000 mile service and I knew it would be awhile before I could get it done so I went to a local shop and got all three oils, filter and o-rings for $51.00 and changed oil myself. At 1650 miles I was able to get it into the dealership and get everything else done that it needs at the 1000 mile service. The dealer charges $300.00 for the complete 1k service. They only charged me $115.00 for everything except the oil change, which I did myself for $51.00. I was very pleased.

UK dealerships do 1000 mile service free,after the ££££s/$$$$$ we all spend i think its the least they can do..:bigsmiley22:

I live in iowa , my dealer which is big barn harley charged me $ 221.00 for the 1k service which included all the fluids change and this include tax . So i think were are getting a fair deal .

You got a good deal. The fluid change is the fastest part of the service. All of the other checks usually take me about 2 to 3 hours. The labor hours is what makes the service cost so much, and why the $50 for the service manual is a bargen.

I live in iowa , my dealer which is big barn harley charged me $ 221.00 for the 1k service which included all the fluids change and this include tax . So i think were are getting a fair deal .

That's a fair price as it takes about 3 hours labor to do all the checks. Did they put syn or dino oil in the holes?

I asked about syn on the 1st service and they recommended waiting until the 2500 mile service , so they put the hd oils in .

Better off using a quality oil and not the SYN 3 from HD. You can do synthetic oil at any time . The CVO bikes come from the factory with Syn oil.

I've been reading all sorts of pros & cons regarding syn oil for both cars and bikes . I'm told not to use syn3 but hd 360 is good , and if i want to go to synthetic the dealer wants to use syn3 but when i got the 1k done he recommended staying with the hd360 . Amsoil claims to be the best but can only buy on line , royal purple looks good but dealer won't use it could cause a warranty issue . So i'm really up in the air about this subject and highly cosidering just using the hd360 which has as far as i know a very good track record . When i read the comparrisons in the auto industry it manly came down to the synthetics were not worth the extra money and i read 3 different sites that all said pretty much the same thing . As far as i can tell the biggest advantage is at engine start up . I don't know what to believe or not .

Back