free website stats program First service done | Harley Davidson Forums

First service done

chuck60

Ok it took me most of the day but it's done, all the oil's changed, the neck greased, and check all the nut's and bolts that needed checked and i think i saved about $225.00 The belt and clutch both seemed fine.

Congratulations.... The next time it will be a lot easier and I am sure you never thought your bike could run so good after you did service.... Believe me your bike will thank you for a job well done.....:s

Ok it took me most of the day but it's done, all the oil's changed, the neck greased, and check all the nut's and bolts that needed checked and i think i saved about $225.00 The belt and clutch both seemed fine.

The best part of doing it yourself is that you KNOW it was done.:s

The best part of doing it yourself is that you KNOW it was done.:s

Receipts, KEEP your receipts:s That way the MOCO cannot give you any problems when it comes time for any warranty work

It does give a good sense of satisfaction doing your own work

Brian

I still have a loud noise coming from the transmission after putting in a heavy gear saver oil, but they tell me that's just how it is.

I still have a loud noise coming from the transmission after putting in a heavy gear saver oil, but they tell me that's just how it is.

As Jack said you "get to know your bike" in a different (better) way by working on it yourself.

Who is "they" ? If it's the dealer, they say that across the board for many items. I don't blame always, I'd hate to be a dealer mechanic with all us emotionally attached owners bringing their babies in.

What kind of oil did you put in the primary ? That may be what you are hearing. Mine makes some noise I never noticed till I got quite baffles for my pipes.

[ Also I'm curious on these models that have grease fittings on the neck, do they fill up the "entire" neck with grease ? ] If so that must be a mess come time to change the bearings.

No NO NO , take it back and have them get H D tech support involved, too many times they expect us to accept they all do it, well they dont and should not, make your warranty work for you

[ Also I'm curious on these models that have grease fittings on the neck, do they fill up the "entire" neck with grease ? ] If so that must be a mess come time to change the bearings.

Yes you fill the whole neck cavity. Thats why the first time I greased mine it tool 2 1/2 small tubes before grease oozed out races. Hopefully with greasing every 5,000 miles or more often, you will never have to change bearings. I made it 38,000 miles on my previous Metric cruiser before bearings failed and you could not lube bearings....

Back