free website stats program First ride of the year | Harley Davidson Forums

First ride of the year

mroleg

new year's day cold fingers run

WBAB New Year’s Day Cold Finger Run
Time Saturday, January 1, 2011 · 10:00am - 2:00pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location - Cradle of Aviation Museum Garden City, Long Island, NY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Created By 102.3 WBAB

Join Fingers for the first Motorcycle Run of 2011: the 8th Annual WBAB New Year's Day Cold Finger Run!

Saturday, January 1st at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City,NY. (Rain date: Sunday, January 2nd)

Registration begins at 10am. Kickstands Up at Noon.
Post-Run Party at Mulcahy’s Pub in Centereach, featuring food, prizes and live music by Voodoo Rhythm Devils!

Donation is $20 per person. 100% of proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society's "Camp Adventure" Program.

The first 1,000 registrants will receive a limited edition WBAB Cold Finger Run patch as a thank you for participating.

My local HOG Chapter has a Polar Bear Ride every New Year's Day. Since we started spending our winters in warmer climates I have been missing them, but try to ride on my own to be with them in spirit.

Didn't get out on New Year's Day but I got my poor neglected scoot out on 2nd Jan for a ride up into the twisty Gloucestershire hills. Between one thing and another (getting married a few months back for one!) life went from the fast lane to the stupid fast lane and I've had very little time for many of the things that I like to do and so she languished connected to the battery tender since October......:(:( (ths Sportster - not the wife :s)
Got back and got her cleaned up just before more snow fell. We've had a freaky amount of snow this year for Britain.
BUT New Year's resolution is to put a lot more miles on it this year including a trip down to the Alps in Austria/Switzerland :D:D.

Congratulations Cedarbrook63 on finding a new life partner to share your escapades with. 2011 is going to be a good year...colder temperature wise here in SoCal and wetter winter than we have had in a long time. Finding that I have to wear my leathers and leather wrap bandana to keep my face warm...looking more like a bike bandit these days...but someone said "--ride 'er like ya stole it...Enjoy"! :yes

Congratulations Cedarbrook63 on finding a new life partner to share your escapades with. 2011 is going to be a good year...colder temperature wise here in SoCal and wetter winter than we have had in a long time. Finding that I have to wear my leathers and leather wrap bandana to keep my face warm...looking more like a bike bandit these days...but someone said "--ride 'er like ya stole it...Enjoy"! :yes

Many thanks for your good wishes NHD78F :D. It's been funny old weather all around - my friends in the tropics in Oz have have very strange weather tales as well. Are Mr. or Mrs. Nino/Nina up to tricks I wonder??
Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down :D

Back