free website stats program Fire! | Harley Davidson Forums

Fire!

walleye

Contributor
Well, I have had my fill of excitement. I was in the garage and heard the fire alarms going off. I came inside to a house filled with smoke and fire alarms going everywhere. My wife was just hauling a pizza paddle off the stove in full flames. By the time I got there she had it in the sink dousing it with the water sprayer. Funny thing is we had removed the pizza from the oven over an hour prior and had the paddle sitting on the stove top. All I can think of is when I went to the garage I snuck a piece of Pizza (I am not suppose to have) on the way out and must have somehow moved the burner to high. (electric burner) Anyway the alarm is monitored so the phone is ringing, which we missed, so we call the fire department and sure enough they had been called already. While my wife is explaining all is OK to the fire department I am trying to shut the dumb alarm off as it kept going off every 10 seconds after I disarmed it. In the meantime, the alarm company is calling my cell (back up number) which I missed (GEESH!) I have learned that everytime the alarm goes off they call us and then the fire department. CAOS! So as she is explaining to the fire guy all is OK, they get another call. FINALLY I call the alarm company (Alarm going off in the background) to tell them to quit calling the fire department. I then was able to get all windows open and all available fans running. I can now finally see across the rooms. Stills smells like a campfire in here. Now for ther GOOD NEWS, no damage and no one hurt. One last thing, near freezing temps at night, you would think open doors would not attract flys? WRONG! LOL!:bigsmiley28:

SIGNED SMOKEY!

Your luck just hasn't been up to par lately.I sure hope it turns around soon for you.

Your right Stevo! I guess I am trying to look at it from a different angle. At least my bikes were not in the trailer, it was insured, (Not fully) and my wife was not burned during the episode. Maybe I am lucky? LOL!:D

Hey SMOKEY....how was the Pizza? :lolrolling

It was good, but I got caught. My better half was just on me about my cholesteral and I said I would leave it alone...... I thought I would get away with a piece in the garage. BUSTED! All in all, not worth it!!:(

Somebody up above was sending out smoke signals on you. :lolrolling

Your prob right! The smoke signal was loud and not so clear! That somebody is hard to get over on! Looks like I am back to grilled chicken, grilled fish and grilled pizza paddles!:29: I can't get away with anything!

Back