free website stats program Finally | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally

Jeff Klarich

Experienced Member
Contributor
After 3 trips to the dyno (Last 2 on their dime) my local dealership finally got her tuned right. Added the SE pro race tuner and the bike ran strong, only problem I was still getting spark knock and pinging. I told them they needed to take away some of the timing but that fell on deaf ears, all they did was add more gas. The 3rd time around I was firm about the timing,they retarted it a few degrees. Now it runs like a big dog with no knock or pinging. :s

No wonder why you did not like the CVO......:p
Can you say smoke it.....:newsmile100:

It amazing that the experts do not always have the answer....

No wonder why you did not like the CVO......:p
Can you say smoke it.....:newsmile100:

It amazing that the experts do not always have the answer....
I know, the tech was a good kid and finally agreed that it was probably the timing. If they tried what I suggested the 1st time it would have saved me trip 2 and 3.:newsmile100:

Good deal, tho I would talk to the service manager and get 4 qts of oil and a filter for your aggravation :s

I was starting to get a little aggravated after the service writer made the comment about how much time the tech already had in tuning it. It got the best of me after I had already told him the 1st time that it was a timing issue so I told him (the service writer) it's no different then if I brought it in for a oil change and you put a new tire on instead!
He didn't have a sense of humor, guess I'll be looking for a new shop.:newsmile100:

Last edited:
I was starting to get a little aggravated after the service writer made the comment about how much time the tech already had in tuning it. It got the best of me after I had already told him the 1st time that it was a timing issue so I told him (the service writer) it's no different then if I brought it in for a oil change and you put a new tire on instead!
He didn't have a sense of humor, guess I'll be looking for a new shop.:newsmile100:
Talk nice to the Manager, they should have test rode it after the first Dyno run. It is ALL on the tech IMO When I made a BOO BOO it was ALL on me and I had to make it right up to and including giving a free oil change

Talk nice to the Manager, they should have test rode it after the first Dyno run. It is ALL on the tech IMO When I made a BOO BOO it was ALL on me and I had to make it right up to and including giving a free oil change

Jack has good point. You never know you might be the correct number of customer to complain and the writer might end up lookin from the outside in.
I would bet that a change at the desk would increase sales for the service department.

I was very respectful Just didn't care for the comment by the service writer. I actually asked to talk with the tech before he tuned it for the 3rd time. He was a good kid and thanked me for being so patient.

This may be my inexperience, but aren't the tuner and dyno supposed to take all the guess work out?

Back