free website stats program Finally got my rear head exhaust pipe!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally got my rear head exhaust pipe!!

horizonchaser

Contributor
After waiting what seemed like forever, I finally got my Rhinehart replacement rear head exhaust pipe after waiting for fifteen days for it to arrive at my dealer. As soon as they got it in yesterday's afternoon delivery they put it on today and I had it by noon today to the tune of $440.65!:( It is a new improved head pipe that won't crack like the Rhinehart's did. They also replaced the heat shield on the pipe too. I can honestly say that although I was blindsided with this unforseen expense the bike seems to run better without that gaping hole in the exhaust pipe. As I follow up on my original post, I decided to not weld the original like I said I was going to in heeding the collective consenses of this forum. I felt that although I could have welded it satifactorally where it wouldn't leak anymore it wouldn't stand up to the bending and stress that riding the back would have put on it given the way the clamp was incorporated right into the old pipe. It is a different design on the new pipe so hopefully I won't have to look back on this problem again. ( famous last words) :D
Thanks to all who have weighed in on this for me!! Right now I am totally happy to have the bike back once again.

After waiting what seemed like forever, I finally got my Rhinehart replacement rear head exhaust pipe after waiting for fifteen days for it to arrive at my dealer.
Right now I am totally happy to have the bike back once again.

Fifteen days, kinda feels like 6 months sometimes.:(..
Good to hear it's together so you can get back in the saddle again.:cheers

Ride safe...

Glad you got the pipe problem sorted out. :newsmile04: OK, I'll bite...where are the pictures and did they extend the heat shield so there is no more gap? That is certainly a nice plus...! As for the price, I have "heard" prices that were a LOT worse, and peace of mind knowing it will not "crack" in the same place is certainly worth the price of admission.:s

Fifteen days, kinda feels like 6 months sometimes.:(..
Good to hear it's together so you can get back in the saddle again.:cheers

Ride safe...
Boy you ain't lying there! All of those prime riding days wasted! Every time I saw someone out riding while I was in my car I cringed. Like the words to the old song "You don't know what you got until you lose it"
Thanks.

Back