free website stats program finally finished stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

finally finished stage 1

MrFah

My Vance&Hines ProPipe Chrome finally came in today so I had a chance to finally install it. I already installed the heavy breather and EFK Gen 3 from Dobreck several days ago. I cancelled my ThunderHeader slip-on order and went with the complete 2 into 1 V&H system instead. I'm happy and the bike runs so much better of course, well maybe it needs a cam now :s:s
I did notice on my test ride after installation that I get a pop for example upshifting from 1st to 2nd but the bike runs very smoothly. I guess I'll call Dobreck tomorrow and ask them some questions but I like this stage 1 set up and it looks really really cool on my Scarlet Red 2010 Road Glide Custom, like a hot rod.

Thanks, I spoke with Chris today then took it for a 100 mile spin and the bike ran beautifully and not one pop. I thought it might be happening above 4000 rpms but I didn't notice it at all on my last ride. I'm very happy with the EJK Gen 3 and the service they provide. I appreciate the this forum and will be making a donation momentarily. I'd encourage others to do as well since we all learn here. Anyway Also for anyone considering V&H ProPipe there are site online that sell for around $480 which about $100+ less than our local Harley shops sell it for.

Well he asked if the pop was above 4k rpm and I thought it was although I wasn't exactly sure at the time. So based on the rpm's when it would happen he said to to up 1 light either on the yellow or the red again depending on rpm's. I didn't make any adjustments on my test ride because it didn't pop. I know it sounds a little confusing in that the pop disappeared but I'll just have to keep watch for this again and when and if it does up it one light in the proper mode.

Back