free website stats program Finally bought a bagger !! | Harley Davidson Forums

Finally bought a bagger !!

Slo-Ryd

Contributor
Well after close to 40 years of riding, I've oficially have gotten "over the hill" and decided to get a bagger. As some of you may have read, I rented a Street Glide last month for my Cali/Vegas trip and got the itch. Found a great deal i couldn't pass up on a mint 2003 E-Glide Classic with 39k on it. Looking forward to taking longer trips on it with the Mrs. versus my barhopper Softail which she's not a big fan of riding on.

Should be here in about two weeks and I'm already itching at starting some of the mods I want to do to it. I want to see if there is a fuel tuner or not, It does have aftermarket slip ons though. The gentlemen I got it from doesn't wrench on his own bike and doesn't know the brand of slip ons or if there's a tuner or just a map download. Older guy that had his local dealer do all the service work.

If no tuner is present, a Dobeck will be one of the first things going on it :D

I also plan on cracking open the cam chest and looking at the cam tensioner shoes and more than likely doing the upgrade to a hydraulic tensioner, plate and pump and torringtons if it hasn't been done while I'm in there.

Not really worried about the non Timken crank race and bearing at the moment since I don't plan on heavily modding the motor. Already got my built barhopper for that but may consider it in the future. Dan Vance here in Connecticut does a conversion and welds the crank for around $700.

While you are in that cam chest you might want to replace the cam bearings. My 05 Classic with about the same miles as yours had an inner bearing go out costing me a new re manufactured motor from Harley. Randy

While you are in that cam chest you might want to replace the cam bearings. My 05 Classic with about the same miles as yours had an inner bearing go out costing me a new re manufactured motor from Harley. Randy

Yup....i mentioned it in my original post that I will swap them out with Torringtons which I believe are available for the TC88 like the older Evo's i'm accustomed to :D

The SE inner cam bearings are Torringtons at $14.95 a pair. I just put some in an '05 RK for a friend.
tourbox

Thanks tourbox................now I'm trying to find answers to the whole conversion kit in a new thread :)

Update with pictures after some mods to make it my poor man's Street Glide:D

bigal66-albums-harley+pics-picture9363-img_20130330_00297.jpg

bigal66-albums-harley+pics-picture9364-img_20130330_00298.jpg

bigal66-albums-harley+pics-picture9362-img_20130330_00295.jpg

Back