free website stats program Filter from the United Kingdom | Harley Davidson Forums

Filter from the United Kingdom

Slapp

I tried to research the stubby filter that HD sells for its Heavy Breather intake for touring bikes with lower fairings/glove boxes today. As it turns out according to the good folks at K&N; that filter is from a UK air intake system for a Vega.
So my question is… is it cheaper to get someone from the UK to send me one or just cough up the $90 bucks that HD wants? So how about it all you UK fans what can you tell me us about this filter that can only be had through HD?

Harley's part number is 28714-10
and the
K&N part number is F027D6 (UK only)

The only reference i can find to that part number was on a german ford forum and was dated 2006
k&n performance filter for a ford fiesta i think it may be for an older model
But dont know where to go from there

Brian

I tried to research the stubby filter that HD sells for its Heavy Breather intake for touring bikes with lower fairings/glove boxes today. As it turns out according to the good folks at K&N; that filter is from a UK air intake system for a Vega.
So my question is… is it cheaper to get someone from the UK to send me one or just cough up the $90 bucks that HD wants? So how about it all you UK fans what can you tell me us about this filter that can only be had through HD?

Harley's part number is 28714-10
and the
K&N part number is F027D6 (UK only)

Slapp, you are in Jacksonville Florida right? Call Advance auto parts 292-2085 Ask for Becky she can cross reference this for you and order it :s

Jack,
I will give Becky a call today, however; the peaple at K&N said this filter is not even made here, it is made at their UK factory. I am in the process of getting all the dimensions together to see if I can cross referance it with another filter. Thanks for your help. to me it is just another way way we are forced to purchase from one entity.

Zanotti's has it listed for $70 (before shipping). May ease your pain slightly.

==================================================

Slapp; K&N filter site has a search by dimension feature. I just searched cone shaped between 4"-5" (I got the length from a pic on another forum) and they have a lot of them. Some work on your part should come up with one that works.K&N Universal Air Filter, Crankcase Vent Filter, Flame Arrestor, and Filter Wrap Search by Dimension

Pic of HD's stubby K&N

tn758s3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after some hard time spent on the computer and a lot of phone calls, I hate to say it but I think I am just going to breakdown and buy the filter through the stealer. I found a few filters that come close but without seeing them I do not wish to take the chance of paying for them on a speacial order only to find they do not fit correctly.
Thanks for everyones help on this matter.

Back