free website stats program Film on forks | Harley Davidson Forums

Film on forks

kabory

Is a slight film on my forks normal?

2011-06-12114954.jpg

Is a slight film on my forks normal?

2011-06-12114954.jpg

Most Dealers will not replace the seals until the legs are a lot wetter than that, they will say they all do that, My personal opinion is NO, wipe the tubes down good check for burs and trash ay the sealing joint , if it continues to leak take it in

Most Dealers will not replace the seals until the legs are a lot wetter than that, they will say they all do that, My personal opinion is NO, wipe the tubes down good check for burs and trash ay the sealing joint , if it continues to leak take it in

thanx, I've been wiping them off since the day I got it about a month ago, I have a 1000 mile service on the 22nd, I'm going to have them ck it out then.

What you show is not considered excessive, however I would be jumping up and down in your case because the bike is new. Get it on record and make sure they list it on the service order and hang on to that order too.

Down the road if the seal doesn't seat in I would have them change it.

Looking again at the Photo, The Stealer is going to try and wiggle out of it because of the fork wrap, I bet money on it, They will say the wrap holds in water and debris causing the seal to go south

A brand new 2011 bike should not have seeping seals so early in it's life. While under warranty it is best you make sure they log it on the work order when you do the next service...and remove that wrap and do NOT wipe it down at least a couple weeks before taking it in, no need to "cloud" the issue.

Thanx for all the good info, I will remove the front bag and not wipe them down anymore till service date.

Talk to the original sale rep next time you're there and make them aware of it. I've found they feel they've developed a relationship with you when you bought the bike and will usually make sure you get taken care of.

Back