free website stats program Filler Strips for 08 Anniv Edition Road GLide | Harley Davidson Forums

Filler Strips for 08 Anniv Edition Road GLide

I went to HD to purchase colormatched filler strips for my Anniv Edition road glide. They are $169. But here is the problem..... Under the fittment, the final line is "does not fit FLTR". The parts guys at 2 HD dealers say that harley does not make filler strips for the FLTR. Can someone help me? Can anyone tell me why they wont fit the RG? Is there any aftermarket filler strips that look good that will fit my ride? I dont want to buy and then have painted (cost soars) so I guess I will have to find either gloss black, or chrome. Any help would be appreciated.

I think I would make the necessary provisions for the antenna to come through the panel or use something like the tune trapper antenna to do away with them completely. It installs under the fairing.

Tune Trapper Antenna TT-1E

do you think the strip can be modified easily to accomodate the antenna?

08roadglider; I swear somone just did this (but it was a street glide tip/filler) and posted pictures on this forum. If Smitty says it wasn't him, I will check around to see where I saw it. I want to say it was Smitty. I tried a search and didn't come up with it.
Like Glider said, the antenna is probably why HD says it won't fit. I went thru this song and dance with the QD tour pack hardware. A tune trapper and the basic kit worked fine.

08roadglider; I just saw a pic & post dated june 6, 09 by baharp on this forum. It was the streetglide "sweeper", on a roadglide. Smitty also replied that he was doin' his homework for this project. Search, and you will find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I went to HD and after telling them the part numbers you gave me, the finally got a real parts guy and a tech to come talk to me. Heres how it went.
The tech and real parts guy agreed that it should fit and look good without any issues. we went to your part number whch was the vivid black fascia, which i was fine with because I have the Anniv Edition RG. But just for fun, we looked to see if we could get it in the copper pearl anniv color. And low and behold, it was available. Heres the breakdown

59739 08cph FASCIA $97.95
59790-06 SUPPORT $9.95
59818-06 STUD PLATE (2) $9.95
69375-06 TIP LITE ASSY $75.95
Tthen the nut flange, some bolts, grommet, plug and such.
all for around $210

If I bought the filler strips only and the antenna relo kit, it would have run about $290. I think it will look awesome and cheaper. Thanks for your help. They say it could take up to six weeks to get in. So I will post some pics and the process when I get it in.

Special thanks to Smitty who supplied me with the info i needed to get a hd part guy to listen!

Back