free website stats program Favorite Slip-on for a Sporty? | Harley Davidson Forums

Favorite Slip-on for a Sporty?

Sharky1948

I'm planning to add a high flow air cleaner (likely Arlen Ness Big Sucker), slip-ons, and a Power Commander. What's your favorite slip-ons? Mostly I'm looking for the growl...also the perfomance.

See if you can find a set of the SE II slipons that they don't sell any longer. I had them on a previous bike and they sounded GREAT!

I'm planning to add a high flow air cleaner (likely Arlen Ness Big Sucker), slip-ons, and a Power Commander. What's your favorite slip-ons? Mostly I'm looking for the growl...also the perfomance.

Go for the look and sound YOU like. With Slip-ons your not going to gain much HP mostly changes the sound.
I agree with Glider on the SE IIs they sound good on a stock Sportty.

I bought the arlen ness Big sucker for my fxst, now I want to change it to the K&N set up, for a few extra $$ I think you should buy the good one first, I wish I did:wall I don't know if the sporty's set up the same as the softail, but with the A.N.B.S. if oil bleeds though your breather it sucks the oil right into your throttle body. Don't know if it's a big deal or not, but it kinda bothers me:dknow

I bought the arlen ness Big sucker for my fxst, now I want to change it to the K&N set up, for a few extra $$ I think you should buy the good one first, I wish I did:wall I don't know if the sporty's set up the same as the softail, but with the A.N.B.S. if oil bleeds though your breather it sucks the oil right into your throttle body. Don't know if it's a big deal or not, but it kinda bothers me:dknow

Only if you are passing more than normal oil out the breathers it becomes a problem. Normal oil mist isn't any cause for concern.

I put the V&H HS slip-ons, K&N High flow and the V&H Fuel-Pak on my Nightster and she "RIPS" Everybody that hears Trixie says she is the meanest sounding Sportster they've ever heard. That is quite a compliment considering the folks who've said this, some are older than dirt and have been riding forever. Cost me less than $450 clams and I did it all myself.

Brother Bri
BFCSantaCruz.org:21:

you should get a full exhaust system and get the V&H shortshot staggered, even though i'm kind of partial. They look awesome, and sound even better.

Only if you are passing more than normal oil out the breathers it becomes a problem. Normal oil mist isn't any cause for concern.

thanks for that glider, I wasn't sure and that makes me feel better. I just get an oily film in the throttle body. It's not a lot, but I didn't know if it would affect any sensors or anything. Guess I'll save my money unless I see a problem.

You can clean the oily residue from the intake but let the spray cleaner you use dry before you turn the ignition on completely or you can set a code with a wet sensor.

Clean it periodiocally when it becomes very noticable.

Back