free website stats program Fatshotz Slip-on Mufflers | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatshotz Slip-on Mufflers

Smokintoad

Has anyone tried the new Fatshotz 2/2 slip-on mufflers yet. From what I see they are Supertrapp's and have a tuning kit available for $70 through supertrapp. How do they sound?

I'm familiar with the Supertrapp tune-ability from the dirt bike days of my youth. I was wondering if anyone had a set, heard a set or run across a sound byte.

Has anyone tried the new Fatshotz 2/2 slip-on mufflers yet. From what I see they are Supertrapp's and have a tuning kit available for $70 through supertrapp. How do they sound?
I've been running the bagger fatshots on my '07 SG with a 103, since they were first released a few months ago. IMO they are the best slip-on's out there. They're quite at idle but have a very deep powerful sound. I run 6 disc in each for a good combination of torque and hp.

I've been running the bagger fatshots on my '07 SG with a 103, since they were first released a few months ago. IMO they are the best slip-on's out there. They're quite at idle but have a very deep powerful sound. I run 6 disc in each for a good combination of torque and hp.

How is the sound level at freeway speed? I would guess "within legal limits" based on the fact they are EPA 50 state legal (according to HD catalog). Will I still hear the stereo, or will I be riding at the back with the drag pipe guys?

I put them on my '09 Ultra a few weeks ago. They are pretty quiet, I started out with 10 disc's in each muffler it was a little to quiet and then I went up to 16 in each muffler and I really couldn't tell that much difference. These are the screamin eagle version with an open end cap. With the open end cap I really don't see what the purpose of the disc's are as the gas is gonna follow the path of least resistance. Looking down the muffler using a flashlight they are straight though and I can see the soon to be gone catalytic converter.
Craig

If you go with the Supertrapp version with the closed end caps, you can still hear the stereo at highway speed. The black UC in the video has closed end caps. Supertrapp released that on youtube before the fatshots came out. They come with 12 disc per side. I'm running 6 per side and it's a happy medium of performance and sound.

I can hear the stereo just fine with 16 per side. Maybe the noise/sound emitted is a function of internal diameter, length and perforation of the baffle. My old supertrapps on my EVO engine had closed end caps and was actually louder.
Craig

Great feedback thanks, so I think I have a plan for my upgrades now.

1. Install Fatshotz 2/2 slip-ons and tune with disks/caps for stock. (info @ supertrapp website= 10 disks closed cap / 2 disks open cap)
Later $$$ allowing
2. Install S.E. Heavy Breather and ECM stage 1, tune with disks/caps.

I like "simple", reliable upgrades that keep me out of the garage and on the road. :mgun:bigsmiley24:

Back