free website stats program Fatboy Windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy Windshield

doc_63

I picked up a 2008 Fatboy for my wife yesterday (used). It came with a HD quick release windshield. It's a tall one. My question is: what are the 2 spring clips by the upper mounting studs for? I cant see a use for them unless something is not put together correctly. It looks like if the spring clip would snap underneath the stud it could keep the shield from sliding up and off while riding but the clip wont snap down far enough to go underneath the stud.

I hope you guys can make heads or tails out of this question. I cant think of another way to explain it. Thanks in advance.

I might have just answered my stupid question. It looks like the clips act as a snap so it kinda locks the shield into place. I guess thats all it is. I will quit overanylizing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are the release clips for the windsheild. Grassp the windsheild and position a finger behind each of the clips and press them forward then pull he windsheild forward and up and off.

Those are the release clips for the windsheild. Grassp the windsheild and position a finger behind each of the clips and press them forward then pull he windsheild forward and up and off.

You know...upon further examination I see that the clips act as kind of a snap that holds it in place somewhat. I think I got it...

Thanks for the help.

Back