free website stats program Fatboy Vs Deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy Vs Deluxe

samiam26

Hello all I am trying to make a decision between the fatboy and the deluxe. Right now I ride a GSX-R 1000 which is kind of hard on my back on long trips and city driving. I want a motorcycle that I can take on a long trip and be comfortable within reason. I keep hearing that the fatboy is a uncomfortable ride but I am kind of really diggin the look of the bike. I was wondering what could be the reason for the uncomfortable ride is it because of the tires, seat, suspension or a combination of all three. With the least amount of modification which is the better ride for a long trip?

They're both members of the Softail family so the ride should be pretty much identical. Maybe slight differences in seat/bar/floorboard positioning that will affect your individual comfort.

Are those the only Harley models you are considering? If not, spend a little time messing around with the search function of this forum and you will find a wealth of information on which models fit which body styles and riding styles best.

I can ride my Fatboy all day with no problems. I have a Corbin seat and beach bars so it just fits me well now.

The deluxe and fatboy are essentually the same bikes, along with the Heritage Softail, just small styling differences. I would try a demo day or rent one for a couple days to be sure which one you like.

Good Luck!

Maybe I can help... have one of each. 2007 FatBoy and 2007 Deluxe.. I ride the FatBoy and my wife the Deluxe. Great bikes not one problem with either with 20,000 and 15,000 miles. We have ridden as much as 500 miles in one day and only 3,000 miles within a week and no problems at all. My wife has a reach seat on the Deluxe... she is only 5'4" and 110 pounds and rides that bike like a pro.

Thankyou all for your replies. I will definitely do a little more research and hopefully be able to get on a few demos

I just got my Fatboy and love the ride. I am short 5'6 and feel really stable on it since both feet sit flat on ground. I used a friends Electra-Glide last year and was a nervous wreck on it. Maybe because it wasn't mine:) Anyway my wife likes this ride better too. Seems to fit us both really well. Good Luck.

After standing on your head on the crotch rocket, you can bet either of the bikes will feel great while you're toolin down the road!

Back