free website stats program fatboy exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

fatboy exhaust

TNfatboy

i have a 2005 flstf i would like to know if anyone has any ideas about a good stroong sounding yet low costing exhaust. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks i think im gunna hold out and save up and buy a exhaust set instead of slip ons. do you know of any good ones?

if you're looking for a complete system, vance and hines seems to have great stuff. my friend has the longshots, they sound great - quite a deep rumble, and right loud when you crack it. my current pipes are the big radius, they also sound great, not as deep, but just as loud. I know the shortshots have more of a high pitched "crack" sound as opposed to a rumble.

I have V& H Longshots on my FB. I like the way they look and I get a lot of compliments on the sound from other riders. You can see a picture in the 'Lets see them softails' thread.

I have Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggered. I would not change them for anything. Nice power and great sound.
bike2001.jpg

depends what you call low cost there is a set of big radius on new orleans craigs list right now for $500 bucks new they go for $650 remember with exaust other than slip ons you need to open up the air filter and remap (06 and earlier) the bikes computer so it wont be to lean some might disagree

i have a 2005 flstf i would like to know if anyone has any ideas about a good stroong sounding yet low costing exhaust. does anyone have any ideas?
sounds to me what you mite be looking for is a set of screaming eagles.originally i had a set of custom 2 into 1 pipes with no baffles that produced plenty of crack/noise,replaced them with a set of straight thru pipes that gave me less crack but still heaps noisy! maybe a bit too loud because when in for an inspection my bike failed for being too loud so had to rush out and find a set of pipes to put on before i could get it passed.found a set of used s/e to whack on just to get the job done with no intention of keeping them on.once i heard the note they produce and felt the increase in power there is no way i will be taking them off in a hurry.have a hunt around coz like me you may find a set that someone took off a new bike for next to nothing.

Back