free website stats program fatboy / deluxe | Harley Davidson Forums

fatboy / deluxe

lost06

What are some of the differences in the FATBOY and Deluxe models? I know that the wheels and seats are different, but other than that. I was wanting to swap my stock seat for a Deluxe model.

They are both from the softail family and just cosmetic differences.. such as the seat and wire wheels. The Deluxe has a lower center of gravity but both are basically the same bike. I ride a 2007 Fatboy and my wife the 2007 Deluxe.

My wife put a reach seat on the Deluxe to push her closer to the front and the seat is narrower at the front. It makes it easy for her to stand flat footed. I have the original Deluxe seat stored in the box her reach seat was shipped to me if you're interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent you a PM.

Hey guys, before you do this you better check it out. I do not believe the Deluxe seat will fit a Fatboy. My wife has a Fatboy and my Sister rides a Deluxe, both 08's. I dont think the seats will interchange. The Fatyboy seat is about an inch longer I believe. Just trying to save you some trouble. Better measure up first. Good luck

Hey guys, before you do this you better check it out. I do not believe the Deluxe seat will fit a Fatboy. My wife has a Fatboy and my Sister rides a Deluxe, both 08's. I dont think the seats will interchange. The Fatyboy seat is about an inch longer I believe. Just trying to save you some trouble. Better measure up first. Good luck

The rear tire sizes are different on the 08s. The fender and seat is wider on a fatboy.06- lower are the same, and should fit.

I thought the Deluxe mounted with two screws in the back and the Fatboy only one. Is this something they changed in the last couple years?

One would think in the name of customer satisfaction that HD would address this. This is an issue for nearly every owner I have met or chatted with online. Kind of sick that after spending 15-30K on a toy that you need to spend another 600+ stright out of the gate.
When I got my 07 fatboy that I traded in on an 08 street glide, I thought I was going to have to spend 800.00 changing out the pipes even though it had eagle slipons. My passenger was burning her boot and messing up my pipes. I found a cheaper solution called the bitchin-guard. You can find it on the web. Basically it is a great boot guard that keeps the passenger from melting rubber. There are several pics on their web site that show it mouned on a fatboy/deluxe/duece. That is another thing that Harley has to work on... keeping people off the pipes..

Best money I've spent was on my Mustang Vintage Wide.....it's hugely comfortable........

1025-261216692008.jpg

1025-371216692008.jpg

I had a Deluxe and loved it. I will say that if you are going to ride two up or ride aggresively, the Fatboy is better suited IMO. The Deluxe is low to the ground, which is a big plus for people vertically challanged. But they bottom out very easily and scrape on any aggresive cornering. Ride will be close with the edge to the Deluxe. If solo, both good choice. :D

Back