free website stats program Fall Away Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

Fall Away Adjustment

Hoople

Account Removed
I have an 09 Dyna Low and the fork has a terrible rattle in it when I ride over small reflectors when going ~35 MPH. The bike only has 3000 miles on it. Is it possible the 'Fall Away' already needs adjustment?
The sound is like the Gas tank or front axle is loose but they are not.
Scary noise that just started today.

Tks Hoop!

Very possible even with the low miles. I had to do mine with even less miles to stop the clunking.

Glider,
Were you able to reuse the locking plate (locking tab plate you fold over)
or did you have to purchase a new one.

Tks!

Here's some info in case you need it:

Not sure if the info is good for a Dyna.....it might help tho.

Tried to edit my post....didn't do it fast enough. :(

Attachments

• pg_0052.jpg
    pg_0052.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Small-H-D-Kit-45740-07.jpg
    Small-H-D-Kit-45740-07.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
let me know if those instructions dont work for you. i can copy them out of my dyna shop book and e mail them to you.

dogcop

Had mine 07 Streetbob done 2 weeks ago by the dealer making noise again going back to the dealer again I checked the gas tank mounts they are tight must be yhe clamping torque again

I just finished adjusting mine (09 Dyna Low) but have not ridden the bike yet to see if the noise is gone. I was surprised that my bearing set-up did not have a fold-over locking tab washer. All there is a Star Nut under the Upper Triple Clamp. I wish there was just a Torque spec for the adjustment instead of actually measuring the "Fall Away" of the front wheel. Trying to do it like the Service manual says is a hit & miss adjustment to me.

But none the less, the Star Nut was very loose so I am hoping that was where the noise was coming from.

Hoop!

Back