free website stats program Fairing / Windshield Options for 2000 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

Fairing / Windshield Options for 2000 Road King

HDROYLT

I have recently become the proud ownwer of a 2000 RK and am looking for recommendations on a Fairing or windshield options. I just took a recent ride with my local dealers group and have determined that I would like to dress my bike with something that is not only good looking but functional as well. I am 6'2" and the standard windshield almost seemed to create more turbulence on my helmet than I would have suspected. Any thoughts or recommendations welcome. I have enclosed a pic of my bike as well. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 30
I had a 1997 Road King and I put a detatchable fairing on it made by Dragon Fly cycle concepts and I loved it I painted it to match and it looked great. The nice thing about it was if you wanted to ride without it it only took a few minutes to take it off and go back to just the windsheild It also gives the bike a different look plus great protection from the wind

If you don't want a radio you can get a Memhis Shades detachable batwing fairing for less than $300.00. I have one on my Road king.

You can always take your stock windshield to a plastics shop and they will cut it down for you for about $15. I know of a couple riders that have had this done. It does seem to cut down the wind quite a bit and looks better than the stock shield.

I would ride without the shield because I like the look, but I live in So Cal and the climate here is usually quite nice. Good luck with your choice.

Back