free website stats program fairing stereo screen flickering | Harley Davidson Forums

fairing stereo screen flickering

saintNH

I just got a reckless fairing with the Sony ipod deck in it. I have been out twice with it now and the fairing and stereo are great, but I have noticed that once in a while the screen flickers on and off. The music never stops or skips, and the clock keeps time fine, just the screen flickers. It seems to be happening when I'm rolling onto the throttle pretty heavily. No other time. I'm wondering if there's something drawing too much power and that's causing it, or maybe a battery issue? I tried moving the wiring going into the plug in the fairing and it didn't do it either. Any ideas as to what might cause this?
WAP.gif

I think you can rule out a power issue. If the music continues to play fine through the light flickering. It is NOT a power issue. I would have to believe that it is internal to the radio. Unless there is a wire as part of the radio install that is for the radio light only. I've never witnessed one of those but its possible.

I just asked a friend of mine who also recently bought one of these fairings if he had this happen and he knew exactly what I was talking about. His is on a yamaha road star, but his is doing it too.
WAP.gif

Back