free website stats program Fairing Repair | Harley Davidson Forums

Fairing Repair

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
The bottom hole on my '05 FLTRI RoadGlide is stripped. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can repair it with? I'm thinking something I can put in the hole as a liquid and let it cure and then drill to the proper size for the self tapping original screw.

The dealer has a repair part for fixing that problem or JB weld can be used and drilled after hardening. Is there enough meat to use a threaded insert that utilizes a pop rivet gun to install?

If you have any pork chops, I'll come and do it for you :lolrolling

Glider, he is in Florida and you are in New York. I was in Florida last week and it was 95' F, probably warmer there then N/Y. No brainier. You should go just too help him out
Kemo

Glider, he is in Florida and you are in New York. I was in Florida last week and it was 95' F, probably warmer there then N/Y. No brainier. You should go just too help him out
Kemo

Great idea, it's rainy and cold here today, that heat sure would feel good.:D

Light the grille!

We can stop in and see Jack.
kemo

I'll bring the camera this time. :lolrolling

You guys are always welcome as for any member passing thru Jacksonville, I have a spare bedroom and a pretty good cook, Capital Jack:s

The dealer has a repair part for fixing that problem or JB weld can be used and drilled after hardening. Is there enough meat to use a threaded insert that utilizes a pop rivet gun to install?

If you have any pork chops, I'll come and do it for you :lolrolling

Don, the Boss has a good idea here with J B WELD, I made fins for a 39 VLD harley head in 92 it is still good to go, hard to beat this stuff, let us know how it turns out, Capital Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Back