free website stats program fairing mounted mirrors pro and cons? | Harley Davidson Forums

fairing mounted mirrors pro and cons?

Merlynn

Thinking about installing fairing mounted mirrors. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they work? i.e. can you see traffic with them, is your vision obstructed any when they are mounted on the fairing?

Cheers!

They come standard on the Street Glide. I've fussed with mine constantly and cannot get them where you do not see at least some of the back of your hand. Still get a decent view behind but I can't help feeling the handlebar mounted ones are better. Now, if you're talking looks, the fairing mounted mirrors win hands down.

I put them on my 08 EGC specifically because the handle bar mounted ones showed too much of my shoulders/arms. They are much better at showing what is behind you. Be advised, when I installed them, I immediately felt the need to buy the chrome back plates, which are move expensive then the mirrors..waited until I got a gift card from a friend and bought them. The mirrors no pop!!

As most have stated, they look great from aesthetic point of view, but rear view is wider but deceiving due to smaller perceived size being farther distance from the rider line of sight.

But as with all things we adapt...same can be said for the "magnified" rear view where "Objects may be closer than they seem...". Just be careful on what you decide to use.

I agree with all the above...the best thing about them is that they look good. I have had them on my FLHT for about 5 years and it didn't take long to get used to them.

Have them on my Streetglide and love them.Of course my last bike was a springer {vibrated so bad you couldnt see anything} so I probably would love any mirrors you can see out of.

I put them on my 03 two years ago.I think they look bettter and after a little tweaking I can see fine in them.

Thinking about installing fairing mounted mirrors. Anyone have any experience with them? Do they work? i.e. can you see traffic with them, is your vision obstructed any when they are mounted on the fairing?

Cheers!

I am in the process of equipping an '09 TriGlide. I'm putting on the fairing mirrors with the illuminated trim and adding illuminated bar mirrors as well. By adjusting the fairing mirrors principally to the rear and the bar mirrors more to the side, this will greatly reduce the size of the "blind spot." The extra lighting will provide additional running/turning lights that are visible both to the front and the side.

But I think I'll still turn and look...:D

Back