free website stats program Fairing Bra | Harley Davidson Forums

Fairing Bra

I just saw one of these on a bike at the dealer the other day.

I could never understand the point of a bra, whether on a car or bike. If you have one it doesn't make sense to ever take it off because you never know when you'll get hit by a rock, (or in my case last winter with my car a frozen pop tart thrown from a car, that busted a hole in my bumper). However by having one on the bike/car all the time you'll never see the paint you are trying to protect. I don't get it.

Although it did look pretty cool and would be good if you drop the bike and got scratches on the fairing.

Yes they will damage the finish! seen it first hand... and it was done in a very short period of time. The fellow thought he could buff it out (the damaged spot) and nope he needs to have his fairing repainted...look at any Bra on a car...look under it thats about what you will see on a Bikes finish...if you have damage you want to hide then its a good investment..but if you think your going to protect a good unblemished finished..you won't...I have no idea why they ever come on the market...yeah on the Firebirds and Camaros ..looked cool back in the day...but you could never remove them after ya installed them...and a Bike...well a few of us was left scratching our head when a local friend installed it..Oh well to each their own...Wait one sec...if you are going to put it on and not remove it...looks kinda cool.

Already pretty much covered here but two good reasons not to put a bra on your fairing:

1) constantly rubs against the paint and will destroy the finish;

2) just plain ugly....

Keep a good coat of wax on your nice shiny paint and enjoy it as is.:cheers

I agree... Why cover up your beautiful paint job..:dknow

But then again i just bought a tank bra to keep the sides of my tank from scuffing.....:55:

Now I cant see the lower part of my tank, that i thought was so beautiful!!.....
:dknow

I tell you, like I tell my :bigsmiley18: !!! Bra's only get in the way..

nuff said...:newsmile061:

I just purchased a quick detach fairing for my RK Classic. I have leather covered hard bags and a custom paint job on tanks and fenders. Because I'm not sure I can find someone to duplicate my marble paint job and my painter being unavailable, I've elected to go with the unfinished fairing (which is actually a nice gloss black), and I'm putting a bra on it to match my bags. That's the ONLY reason I would put on the bra. The gloss black is nice but doesn't seem to go well against my paint job (kinda like seein' a nice truck or car with an off color hood)....but put the bra on and the leather at least matches the bags. I'm not concerned with the paint because eventually I will find someone who can match the colors and marbling along with the striping. My buds and I respect each other for WHATEVER we wanna do with our own bikes....that's the beauty of bein' a biker....you do your own thing. If you choose to take their advice, take it and live with it. If you don't, live with your choice. I like my King and the way it looks. If someone else don't, it don't bother me that they don't. Their right, their privilege. Cool beans.

I have had one on my '08 Ultra for 15,000miles and no scratches. I take it of about every other month to put a new coat of wax on the fairing.

I have had one on my '08 Ultra for 15,000miles and no scratches. I take it of about every other month to put a new coat of wax on the fairing.

WoW! thats fantastic...I passed the info on to my friend ...He wanted to know the manufactures of yours and how it is secured, and if you have a pic it would be greatly appreciated...like one of the other gentleman here he wanting it to accent his bike as he has leather on the gas tank,and the leather saddle bags, and lower fairing covers...thanks in advance

Back