free website stats program factory service manual or clymer manual? | Harley Davidson Forums

factory service manual or clymer manual?

drake

which is better with details on the harley, a factory service manual, or one of the clymer type manuals?

thanks alot hobbit, thumbed through a clymer the other day. the info seemed pretty general on all softail models. guess I'll go to the dealer for my manual.

I know hobbit has allready said it ,but on anything car ,boat, bike.whatever ,you can't beat a factory service manual .Clymer or Haynes are wanta be s..with some searching you'd be surprised at the "real " factory manuals to be found online.Factory manual ,if you buy one will probably cost 2-3 times what a clymer cost .but worth it

Hobbit, model specific for factory is good point. However, the larger style Clymer manuals with the black covers are great. I've used both and for example, the factory manual will give tool numbers and the dealer won't sell you the tools! The Clymer manual has a list of the all Jim's equivalents and tips for others. And the H-D manual can be a little vauge for the do it yourself type. Depending on what my plans are for a bike, I get both. Winston. FYI, the Haynes manuals are a joke!

My Clymer works great under the short leg of the work bench. Best deal would be to get a service manual.

Back