free website stats program f;hpi wont start | Harley Davidson Forums

f;hpi wont start

a.tek

hi, im new here, building my 1st personal harley and picked up a flipped flhpi.
the battery is shot so i have the terminals jumped to my truck battery, i can hear the fuel pump prime, the starter and relay either just click a bunch of times or it occasionally sounds like its pushing a piston up by the sound of air from the motor.

any suggestions greatly appreciated!

1ST get a good motorcycle battery and check main breaker and fuses..... After that with key in on position the speedo should say tilt..... You then need to cycle ignition.I fear jumping battery from truck may complicate your problems.............

1ST get a good motorcycle battery and check main breaker and fuses..... After that with key in on position the speedo should say tilt..... You then need to cycle ignition.I fear jumping battery from truck may complicate your problems.............

You and I interpreted "flipped" differently. I took it as bought low, sold for a quick buck. I wonder who got it right? :p

speedo is bashed from the bike being flipped. bike was jumped with truck "off" which is the same dynamic principle as a battery jumper box. fuses look good, how would i check the breakers in this case? new battery is already ordered and on the way. how do you "cycle the ignition"?

as my battery is shot i removed it and ran the cables directly from the truck batter to my + and - terminals. in the past while working on street bikes, the "zapping" sound would often denote not enough amps to kick over the motor. as it's also fuel injected, fuel delivery and spark help to push the pistons so i think i'ma replace my spark plugs today, but absent fuel a car will crank over so that shoots that principle down. i think an oil change may not be a bad idea either just to be safe.

speedo is bashed from the bike being flipped. bike was jumped with truck "off" which is the same dynamic principle as a battery jumper box. fuses look good, how would i check the breakers in this case? new battery is already ordered and on the way. how do you "cycle the ignition"?

as my battery is shot i removed it and ran the cables directly from the truck batter to my + and - terminals. in the past while working on street bikes, the "zapping" sound would often denote not enough amps to kick over the motor. as it's also fuel injected, fuel delivery and spark help to push the pistons so i think i'ma replace my spark plugs today, but absent fuel a car will crank over so that shoots that principle down. i think an oil change may not be a bad idea either just to be safe.
Never had NO luck zapping a H D with out a surrogate(Battery) in the bike. Some breakers you have to test with power to them, others can be checked with ohm meter. best off to get new battery first, check all connections including the starter cables and ignition wire first and check back in Good Luck:s

much appreciated thus far, grabbed new oil, filter and plugs today, its about 108 outside so i'll wait for it to cool off a little, new dive belt came today as well, i'm documenting everything so it'll make for a nifty build thread when its all done.

Back