free website stats program extra brake lights FLHR | Harley Davidson Forums

extra brake lights FLHR

ricktara

I have been experimenting with different ways to get more light shining to the rear when braking on my 2010 Road King without breaking the bank. I ride with a couple of guys that have put the modules in to convert the turn signals into running/brake lights but I want to keep the amber turn signals back there. They have also used the ones that flash the lights 5 times before coming on steady. I am not fond of them, especially because when I follow one of them he tends to put turn signal on at the same time as the brakes and its hard to figure out what he is doing. Anyway I searched online and found hyper lites at Hyper-Lite Motorcycle Auxiliary Flashing Stop & Running Lights, Hyperlite, Sampson Long Distance Motorcycle Products. They were less than $50.00 and extremely easy to add to my bike as they use 2 sided (strong) tape to hold them in place and they wire into the brake light with simple tap connectors. I will try to attach some pics of them, they are nearly invisible unless the brakes are on.

Attachments

• light001.jpg
    light001.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 38
  • light2.jpg
    light2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 37
  • light3.jpg
    light3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 37
  • light4.jpg
    light4.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 41
  • light6.jpg
    light6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 34
Nice effect! Where are they attached? I can't quite see. I have almost the same set up on my bike. I made small brackets and attached to the bolts on my lower saddlebag braces, then stuck the lights on. Like yours, nearly invisible when not lit.
I've been rear ended once, don't want it to happen again.:(

I went with this company...Good people and very happy with results on my 09 FLHRC...ridetimetechnology

they mount on the lower part of the fender with tape and the wires go right out of sight into the taillamp
WAP.gif

Back